Satay Chicken is a frequent occurrence in our house, especially with this recipe! It’s SO easy to make, packed with veggies, fibre, vitamins and minerals and of course, is delicious!
Skip the Uber Eats this weekend and try my Satay chicken instead, I promise you won’t regret it! Although to really get that Uber Eats vibe going you could cook your own roti bread. I bought some from the supermarket the other day and they were amazing with this satay.
This satay chicken freezes really well, so you can make it in bulk for a quick and easy meal another day
If you are dairy-free you can swap the carnation cream for coconut cream or milk
Quick and Easy Satay Chicken
- 600 g chicken breast diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250 mL satay paste I use the Ayam brand
- 275 mL light carnation cream or coconut milk for dairy free
- 300 g mixed green leafy vegetables
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 250 g superfood salad mix from Coles or Woolworths
- In a large frying pan over medium to high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the diced chicken breast and cook for ~10 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add the rice, quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the water is evaporated.
- Add the satay paste, light carnation cream, and shredded green leafy vegetables to the chicken. Cook until the greens are wilted and soft. 4. Divide the rice, chicken, sauce and superfood mix between 5 bowls and serve!
For more main meal recipes, click here