Does the thought of cooking make you immediately open Uber Eats? After a busy day, I’m sure the last thing you want to do is think of what to eat for dinner and then spend an hour in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. Well don’t fret, I have you covered! I’ve got 4 super simple dinner ideas that will fill you up and leave you with more time to chill out on the couch!
1. Baked salmon with broccolini, cherry tomatoes and sweet potato
This is a one tray delight!
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 salmon fillets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180c.
- Chop the sweet potato into 1cm thick slices or chips, place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the salmon and broccolini in the lemon, garlic salt and pepper in a bowl. Once the sweet potatoes have cooked add the salmon, broccolini and cherry tomatoes to the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Divide everything into 2 plates and serve.
2. Kangaroo Burgers
This one is even easier when you really feel like doing the absolute bare minimum.
- 2 supermarket kangaroo burger patties
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ cos lettuce
- 2 multigrain rolls
- 30g sauce of your choice
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook the burger patties for 4 minutes on each side.
- Slice the tomato and cucumber and assemble inside the rolls with a burger patty and sauce.
3. Roast chicken with a sautéed chickpea and vegetable salad
You could also swap the sautéed salad for a pre-made garden salad if you’re even shorter on time
- ½ supermarket roast chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a large frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, asparagus and kale to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Shred the roast chicken and divide between 2 plates with the sautéed vegetables
4. Satay tofu with vegetable stir fry and rice
- 1 200g packet of satay tofu
- 2 microwave rice cups
- 1/2 bag of superfood vegetable mix
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Dived the tofu into 2cm chunks and add to the pan. sauté for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Then, add the vegetable mix to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Meanwhile, heat the rice cups according to packet instructions.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir to combine and divide into 2 bowls.
Find more recipes here